- 1. One cup of high fiber cereal. Be sure to couple this with at least 6 ounces of fluid to avoid constipation.
- 2. One ounce of almonds ( about 25 ).
- 3. 12-15 grapes ( freeze grapes for sweeter taste and more appealing texture for tactile sensitive kids).
- 4. Berries mixed with one serving of yogurt.
- 5. Two ounce serving of tuna, chicken or salmon. Extra protein is a great way to ward off the afternoon fatigue so frequently seen in our kids.
- 6. 12 mini pretzels with a tablespoon of almond butter.
- 7. 10 multi grain crackers with a tablespoon of light ricotta cheese.
- 8. Three cups of air popped popcorn ( you can make this more interesting with very few added calories by adding unsweetened cocoa powder).
- 9. Two small oranges and a small handful of walnuts.
- 10. Vita top chocolate muffin tops. These are a huge hit with the kids as they have a great chocolate taste. They also have the added benefit of 9 grams of fiber.
Manager of PWS Services
TIP of the WEEK: Back to School
A Daily Schedule from a Students POV
Strategies for the Classroom