Monday, December 16, 2013

Time Flies

The calendar is telling me it is mid-December and I can’t quite believe it. Where did the year go? How is it possible that 2014 is just two weeks away? Did someone fast-forward time? I could swear that it was just the opening of baseball season a short while ago….Now I feel the panic start to rise as I look at the multitude of unfinished projects littering my office. Breathe I tell myself.

This was the way my morning was going; then a remarkable event happened. One of our students (I will refer to her as “the dog whisperer”) came upstairs to my office with her newest “student”. She is truly a master at training. Here’s part of our conversation…..

Me: "I’m so glad you came up to visit. I have a mess in my office."

She: "Well you know, the pup was working hard and she needed a break. Everyone needs a break now and then." 

Me: "I don’t know how you do what you do with the dogs."

She: "I’m just patient with them. They can learn. She just needs to go for a walk now."

This charming, talented and humble teen is far and away the best dog trainer I have ever seen.  And guess what? I need a break. I am going for a walk too. This will be here when I get back and I have a feeling I will be ready to tackle some more of it.

Submitted by:
Chris Gallant





“When you can't figure out what to do, it's time for a nap.” 
 ~Mason Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment