- We honor Black History all month.
- We have the Super Bowl and Winter Olympics to cheer about.
- We hope the ground hog will give us good news.
- We exchange Valentine messages (We may even factor in a calorie exchange).
- We celebrate President’s Day.
- We have the Oscars to watch.
- We only have 28 days instead of 30 or 31 in the month.
- It is staying light out longer each day.
- We have time to visit the library and cozy up with some fine winter reading.
- Someone you know or love must have a birthday in February.
- Spring training starts.
- I heard someone whisper “vacation week”—now, that must have been a child.
Before you know it, it will be March and we can march ourselves right into Spring. I knew we could find something to look forward to!
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant."