Thursday, June 12, 2014

Visiting the Herd

I visited the herd down at our Sandwich home this week. There is something quite engaging about donkeys. I’ve never been a horse fan. I prefer to fall off things closer to the ground. But the donkeys, they make me smile. The four of them are petite in size and loudly greeted me when I stopped by the house. I can see why our individuals have bonded so closely with these adorable animals. I noticed their grooming, the clean paddock, the fresh water. Clearly, caring for these animals is a high priority for their team of handlers. Most importantly, the relationship between individual and animal offers those we support the opportunity to be the care-givers in this role. Looks to me like they are doing a fantastic job.



Submitted by:
Chris Gallant

No comments:

Post a Comment