Thursday, September 25, 2014

Derek & I


I never thought Derek Jeter and I would have something in common but apparently we both decided to retire at the exact same time. This has been a roller coaster kind of week for me. I’m fine until someone asks me about leaving. I can feel the tears welling up and I want to let you all know I am really, really excited about this but at the same time, I am really, really overwhelmed about leaving. I have had the good fortune to work with some truly wonderful mentors here. They were patient with my “know it all” New Jersey attitude and gave me the resources and support needed to become better at my job.

If you told me back in 1982 that I would still be at Latham in 2014 I would have laughed at the idea. Yet, here I am and it has been a remarkable ride. I am thankful for all of the students, individuals and staff that have made my time at Latham so memorable. I treasure all of the drawings and cards you have bestowed upon me and I will remember my nights matching socks as fondly as I do my days on the road marketing this awesome program. I have loved every position I have ever  held here and wish you all the best as Latham continues to grow and offer programs of excellence to children and adults. This has been my home away from home and I will truly miss you all.

Chris Gallant





"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
~Carol Sobieski

No comments:

Post a Comment